as part of her recovery from FHO hip surgery, our foster dog from muttville senior dog rescue goes to warm water swim therapy sessions at the rex center, which generously donates time in their rehabilitation pool to the old dogs at muttville! we can’t wait for you to see the video of this land-loving herding dog getting wet…
sassafras has additional components of her holistic recovery:
she does range of motion exercises here at small club headquarters. while she reclines on the couch, i gently extend her leg forward and flex it backward. at first, she could do this for only 30 seconds before the pain was too great. now she is up to 3 minutes of stretching at a time!
nutrition therapy is important too – sassafras eats super fresh homemade food, vitamins and supplements for overall health and musculo-skeletal support, and a chinese herb formula prescribed from healthy pets veterinary hospital.
and watch the videos of sassafras doing rehab exercises on land, too!
sassafras gives thanks to:
- dr. ilana strubel of healthy pets veterinary hospital for making a rehab plan and guiding us through sassafras’ recovery! any dog would be lucky to have her on their side… check out her additional services at The Well-Adjusted Pet!
- ellen for doing sass’ assisted swims at the rex center: warm water swimming and holistic services in pacifica, ca
- muttville senior dog rescue for saving sassafras’ life
- the generous donors to muttville for affording sassafras her FHO surgery
- small club:big adventures for small dogs for their dedication to fostering dogs in need of a little special care
you can read Sassafras’ adoption profile here